Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moving sucks

So my lease is up May 1st and I'm looking all over Bonita for either a duplex or a condo to rent. I actually enjoy it, to an extent, and I've found a couple different places that I'm interested in. Today I called my landlord to tell him that I would love to stay here, but I can't afford it...could he come down $200/month? Uh, that would be a big, fat "no". But he does have a 2/2 condo just a couple doors down from my place that he would give me for $850. Hmmm...it would be nice not to have to come up with a new deposit, and I love where I live, it's so much nicer than most places around here.

I was talking to my mom about all this just a few minutes ago and she said: "you wouldn't want to live here?". Ok, let me explain: my mom has an awesome house on the river that she had built about 6 years ago. It has a one bedroom apartment attached to it, separated by a breezeway. The apartment is its own little building, but it IS right next door to my mom's house. It would cost me $600 a month, that includes everything, and season is almost over...I'm gonna be really broke really soon. But living so close to my mom? I moved out when I was 18 and haven't lived home since! It's totally a pride thing, I know, but I should be realistic about it. I get $830 a month in child support, so that would pay for my rent, utilities AND my car, which would be sweet. And it would be a huge help to my mom because she could use that money once my brother and sister-in-law move out.

Decisions, decisions. I think it makes the most sense to go to my mom's...as much as that sucks, but it would help me save $ and I'm going back to school this summer, so I should probably just swallow my pride, act like a big girl and move into the apartment. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. It would suck a little bit..but you would save a shit load of money. So, what you should do is look around and ask yourself if you like where you live enough to stay there for a really long time. Because you probably won't be able to save enough to get outta there and move some place else. Where you live is pretty kick ass. But it has some down falls.
    You would probably drink a lot more and never quit smoking if you move to your mom's, but you would save a lot. I guess I have no pride because for me it would be about privacy. I'd have no problem going back home, but not if it meant I couldn't have any privacy. I should probably call you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah, there's def a privacy issue, but it all comes down to $. I don't know, we'll see. Wanna go to IHOP, mang? Nutella crepes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete