Monday, March 9, 2009

Say hi to your mother for me...

I love re-reading books. Good books, that is. "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. I bought it a little over a year ago, and I read the majority of it at the beach so the cover is pretty messed up and some of the pages still have suntan oil marks left from last year (I'm so pale now, it's terrible!). It was the perfect book for me at the time because of what I was going through, but I'm reading it again because so much has changed, and yet I think it's still appropriate for this stage in my life. The first time I read it, I think I related to her trip to Italy the most: overindulgence for sure! Now, I think I'll probably find her time in India or Bali to be a little closer to what I'm going through.


On a completely different note, I bought Max Payne yesterday and can't wait to watch it. I don't know what it is about Mark Wahlberg but I love him! True, he's not a very good actor...terrible, actually! And just the thought of him singing "Good Vibrations" is enough to make me crack up, but I like the guy. I love Andy Samberg's impression of him, and if you didn't watch the clip above, you MUST! I would include it in this post but I'm having some technical issues. Enjoy :)

1 comment: